- Project Category: Current Projects
- Project Name: Allstate Headquarters
- Client: Allstate NI
- Location: Laganbank Road, Belfast, BT7 2DS, N.I.
- Architect: WDR & RT Taggart
O’Hare & McGovern were awarded the Main Contractor for the Allstate Headquarters development. Recognised as the largest IT employer in Northern Ireland with over 2,000 employees, Allstate has offices in Belfast, Londonderry and Strabane.
The 165,000ft² project includes the construction of a six storey office building with roof plant area on a 1.8 acre site to the rear of the former Maysfield Leisure Centre.
The site is situated between the old Maysfield Leisure Centre, Translink’s Central Railway station and bound by the existing Lagan River and associated tow path. Demolition of the existing Boathouse, infilling the slipway, the development of a new cycleway and alterations to Translink’s car park with landscaping works is included.
- Six storey office block
- Largest IT employer in N.I.
- Asbestos removal
- City Centre location
- Restricted site
- Adjacent to Translink’s Central Railway Station & bounded by Lagan River
- New access routes
- Landscape works